I started out by taking photos of the boys in a swing. Since none of the individual photos worked for me, I used the magic of Photoshop to do get my layout just the way I wanted. I presented two layouts for my client to see, and after adding a smile on one of the boys faces—they chose one right off the bat. Good start!
I then proceeded to transfer the image on the wall and substitute my image in place of the previous one, matching the background and swing. So far so good. Follow along with my progression as I post images of my daily painting sessions to the finished mural.
|The Original Image|
|Day one-We needed to remove an electrical outlet, |
which my client took care of right away!
|Days two and three-were spent matching the grass, transferring |
the image to the existing mural and doing a value study.
|Now the fun begins—Adding the color. |
I hope to be done by next week. Stay tuned for more images.
|Worked on the shirts, shoes & skin tones today. It's getting there.|
The younger child's likeness is dead on,
but I need to get a better likeness of the older child.
Will work on the eyes and mouth tomorrow.